Are you looking for the best surge protector for RV? If so, you’ve come to the right place! This article will discuss ten of the best surge protectors on the market and provide helpful buying advice.
We’ll also answer some common questions about surge protectors and how they can benefit your RV.
So, whether you’re a seasoned traveler or just getting started, read on for information that will help you choose the best surge protector for your needs!
List of 10 Best Surge Protectors for RV
1. Progressive Industries 30 Amp Portable RV Smart Surge Protector 30XL
- Three-mode protection for up to 22,500 amps of surge current
- Lightweight just 1.95 pounds
- Designed for outdoor use with weather-resistant housing and all-weather shield assembly
- Lifetime warranty included
- Indicator lights only give a little information to work with instead of an LED display.
2. Portable RV Surge Protector Portable EMS-PT30X RV Surge Protector, Black
The PT30X surge protector is another best portable option for 30 amp RVs. However, this one comes with an LED display that will give you more specific electrical information.
Allow homeowners who are not as tech-savvy or well versed in electronics (like me) to get by based on what they see without having too much knowledge about why certain things happen when commemorated problems arise during storms/previous damage.
The manufacturer has ensured this unit will work in all climates, including those with extremely hot or cold weather.
It can withstand temperatures down to -40 degrees Celsius without losing its functionality and is protected by rugged housing for added durability against potential theft when on the move.
The higher degree locks provide an additional security layer that helps protect you from power spikes and upsurges due to large draw distances caused by appliances like air conditioners running at full blast during the summer months.
- The LED display is beneficial for those who are not familiar with electronics.
- The unit can withstand very cold temperatures without losing its functionality.
- It is also protected against potential theft.
- The higher degree locks help protect against power spikes and surges.
- It hasn’t been third-party tested for safety and durability.
- It’s not the lightest portable option for the product weight, with pounds.
3. TRC 44750 Surge Guard 30-Amp Portable with Shock Shield
If you’re on a tight budget, we have one more affordable option for your consideration. Check it out!
The TRC 44750 Surge Guard is ideal for all 30-amp connections and comes with Shock Shield to deal with power surges. The highly portable design means you can use this between your device’s outlet while also sporting a shock-resistant exterior that protects against characterized ground faults!
It has auto-reset abilities but lacks an essential feature found on some other surge protectors: “resetting” yourself after detection by shutting down current flow manually.
The weather-resistant design of this product is perfect for outdoor use and provides the necessary protection against surges. It also comes with a 1-year warranty, which gives customers peace in knowing they can purchase confidently without worrying about any issues arising after purchasing their device.
- Ideal for 30-amp connections
- Comes with Shock Shield
- Highly portable
- Shock-resistant exterior
- Weather-resistant design
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- It lacks the “resetting” ability found on some other surge protect
- Highly Affordable
- It’s a little bulkier and heavier than others
4. Progressive Industries 50 Amp Portable RV Electrical Management System
With a 50 amp solution for your larger RV, this portable EMS offers the most protection and easiest setup of any model.
It can provide up to 3 850 joules or 88 000 amps – making it great if you need extra power while traveling on the go!
The low installation time is another benefit: true “plug n play” convenience without needing anything more than an outlet strip at home (or even coming with one).
The integrated LED display on this unit will give you extra information about wiring issues, power spikes, and reverse polarity.
This is a great way for both the owner of your RV park and those staying in it to understand how electrical problems can be addressed most effectively!
- Can provide up to 3850 joules or 88,000 amps
- Great for larger RVs
- Plug and play convenience
- The Integrated LED display shows wiring issues, power spikes, and reverse polarity.
- Heavy: The product weighs five pounds
5. Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A – Full Protection Portable with LCD Display Black
This is an excellent option if you avoid fussing with installation time or worrying about compatibility. You won’t have any trouble fitting it into your travel plans since its weight only comes out at 3 pounds and can provide 30 amps of power without additional outlets nearby!
The LCD screen also displays important information like voltage level (and how much energy each charger takes), so there’s no guesswork involved when deciding who should take care of what – plug them all in accordingly.
The RV surge protector is rated to protect your recreational vehicle against power surges up to 2,450 joules. It also monitors and protects the open grounds and high/low voltage while keeping you safe from miswired pedestals!
This RV air conditioning protector keeps your most sensitive appliances safe.
It includes a 128-second reset delay feature, which helps protect the compressor from electrical damage in warmer or more humid climates. It also has an anti-theft cord for added security when you’re away vacationing!
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and portable
- LCD provides important information
- Rated to protect against power surges up to 2450 joules
- Monitors and protects against open grounds, high/low voltage, and miswired pedestals
- 128-second reset delay helps protect the compressor from electrical damage
- Anti-theft cord for added security
- The lack of a handle makes plugging this device more difficult.
6. Surge Guard 44280 Portable Surge Protector – 120V, 30A, Black
- Lightweight and easy to install
- It fits 30 amp outlets
- UL certified
- Third-party safety standards in mind
- Indicator lights to let you know of potential issues
- Constantly analyzing features protects against damage
- There is no locking bracket for protection against theft.
7. Hughes Autoformers PWD30-EPO, 30 Amp Spike Power Watchdog, Shut Off
- Affordable: Reasonable price for a product that performs.
- Simple to Utilize: Simply “plug and play.”
- Bluetooth Compatible: Stay connected with alerts delivered directly to your phone.
- No Low/High Voltage Safety: Doesn’t turn off as an EMS does.
- The browser does not have an automatic shut down plenty of protection against surges but no automatic shut-off for low or high voltages.
8. Camco RV 30-Amp Power Defender Voltage Protector With Integrated Surge Protection
- PowerGrip Control: Easily plug and unplug this device to remain in motion.
- Auto Disconnect: Shuts the power off when dangerous conditions are discovered.
- LE D Indicators: Provides alerts to the presence of different power problems.
- No Anti-Theft Security: Lacks included cable lock for extra security.
- Are Having Issues With the unit’s loud buzzing: Although it appears that Camco has been working to fix the problem.
- No indication that UL has been certified: May lack sufficient third-party safety testing.
9. Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A – Full Protection Portable with LCD Display Black
If you don’t wish to be wasting time worrying about whether or the surge protector you choose to purchase is compatible with your particular RV, you should definitely look into this model.
It’s specifically designed for RVs that require a 30 amp power connection and is an easy-to-use solution that doesn’t require any additional installation or maintenance.
With a weight of only 3.4 pounds, you’ll never have to strain to plug it into each time you visit an unfamiliar camping spot.
Additionally, you’ll be able to know more about the needs of your RV’s electrical system by reading the simple LCD display, which displays the current voltages and amp draws.
It’s designed to guard your RV against surges of power up to 2,450 joules.
It is also continuously monitoring and guards against open ground and neutrals that are open as well as low and high voltages, overheating of the plug/receptacle reverse the polarity of ground, an elevated ground as well as the existence of a damaged pedestal.
It is designed to safeguard the most sensitive appliances in your RV This unit comes with a 128-second delay for reset feature.
For RVers who live in hot or humid conditions, this is crucial to protect your RV’s compressor for air conditioning from electrical harm.
The unit also comes with an unlocked cord that is attached to the cable for protection against theft.
- Portable Design: Easy install using a 10-second initialization sequence.
- LCD display: Displays voltage and amp draw.
- Automatic Reset: Restores electricity to the RV once issues no more occur.
- No HandleCan cause the process of plugging this unit into somewhat more challenging.
- There is no indication of Listing UL: Product claims may not be confirmed by a third party for the safety and longevity of the product.
10. Southwire Company LLC 44380 Surge Guard 30A Portable, black
The Southwire Surge Guard indicates open neutral, ground that is open reverse polarity, an open circuit, surge safety, and overheating.
It has indicator lights that are easy to read. The key is on the item itself.
The receptacle is protected and has an anti-theft lock that provides security.
The plug, however, is not universal, and it may not be functional at certain campgrounds.
Overall this Southwire Surge Guard 44380 pretty much offers everything you require at the most affordable cost.
Furthermore, it is important to note that all Southwire electronic management solutions are covered by an unrestricted warranty. If you encounter issues, you are able to get an exchange (provided you get in contact with customer service).
- Locks that prevent theft
- This may not be working in all RV parks or campgrounds.
- Customer service at the company isn’t the greatest